- Katy Dickinson, Jessica Dickinson Goodman, and Eileen Brewer created TechWomen Emerging Leaders poster and playing cards to honor 54 TechWomen Alumnae Emerging Leaders from 16 countries in Africa and the Middle East. (December 2014). Now available for sale on Notable Women in Tech Cards.
- Katy Dickinson with the Everwise team created “Mentoring in a Box” – best practices and structure for small mentoring programs (November 2014):
- Mentoring in a Box: Read Me First (PDF)
- Everwise Partnership Kickoff Guide (PDF)
- Everwise Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Metrics Tracking Spreadsheet Template (Must Be Copied to Use)
- Mentoring in a Box – Mentoring Program Manager – Resources (folder)
- 5.1 Mentoring Program Manager – Overview and Contents (PDF)
- 5.2 Mentoring Program Manager – Basic Guidance (PDF)
- 5.3 Mentoring Program Manager – Templates and Samples – Letters and Emails (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.4 Template: Kickoff Call Agenda, Presentation Contents (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.5 Everwise Mentoring in a Box, Sample Spreadsheet: Protege Roster (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.6 Template: Pilot Program Candidate Selection (Must Be Copied to Use)
- 5.7 Sample Pilot Results Report (PDF)
- Everwise: Mentor Recruitment (PDF)
- Expert Mentoring Advice: Best Practices / Worst Practices (PDF)
- Everwise: Mentoring vs. Coaching vs. Sponsorship (PDF)
- 2014 TechWomen Emerging Leaders Mai Temraz (Palestine) and Seham Al Jaafreh (Jordan) and Katy Dickinson worked together to record seven videos about mentoring in Arabic, posted on Katy Dickinson’s YouTube channel:
- Everwise: Mentoring in Arab Culture, Featuring Seham Al Jaafreh
- Everwise: Mentoring Feedback, Featuring Mai Temraz
- Everwise: Mentoring Recommendations and Resources, Featuring Mai Temraz
- Everwise: Questions for Your Mentor?, Featuring Mai Temraz
- Everwise: Mentoring Introductions, Featuring Mai Termaz
- Everwise: Why Be a Mentor?, Featuring Seham Al Jaafreh
- Why Mentoring?, Featuring Seham Al Jaafreh
- People to People Radio: US Ambassador to Ethiopia Patricia M. Haslach, Interview by Katy Dickinson, video posted to YouTube 28 May 2014
- TechWomen Mentors in their Own Words 2011 (Katy interviewed)
- What is TechWomen? 2011 (Katy interviewed)
Best Practices – From Katysblog:
- How to Blog: “Blogging and Web Research Workshop” presented as part of the TechWomen delegation day at Gashora Girls Academy, Rwanda, 4 February 2014, and “How to Write a Blog Entry” (24 January 2013, Katysblog).
- Mentoring Value: “Lifetime Value of Mentoring” poster with best practices, presented at the 2013 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, and “Mentoring Research Poster and SOL Panel at GHC13” (30 September 2013, Katysblog).
- Process Architecture – Successful Implementation Examples:
- Railroad Caboose Restoration Project: “The Adventures of WP668 1916-2013: Buying and Restoring a Western Paciﬁc Caboose” – presented to the National Model Railroad Association, NMRA Pacific Coast Region, Coast Division, and “Caboose Clinic: The Adventures of WP668” (10 December 2013, Katysblog)
- Making a Family Video from 1,346 Photos: “How to Make an 80th Birthday Video” (14 March 2011, Katysblog).
- Project Management: “Business Process Architecture: What Project Managers Need to Know” (26 January 2010, Katysblog) – presented to the PM PM SIG 2010
- Sun Labs Archivist, and Missions – measuring long-term process success: “Process Success Measures” (6 January 2010, Katysblog).
- Electronic Commerce: “Keeping an Electronic Commerce Shop” by Katy Dickinson, ACM StandardView, Volume 6, Issue 3 (September 1998) – see below for free link to the ACM Digital Library
- Software Development Life Cycle: “Software Process Framework at Sun” by Katy Dickinson, ACM StandardView, Volume 4 Issue 3 (September 1996) – presented at ProjectWorld 1996 – see below for free link to the ACM Digital Library
- Estimating: “Planning Poker and SEED – Estimating and Rating Tools” (13 January 2010, Katysblog).
- Leadership: “On Leadership – Ivan Sutherland’s SEED talk, now on YouTube” 2006 presentation to Sun Engineering mentoring participants by Internet pioneer Ivan Sutherland (13 January 2010, Katysblog), also on YouTube video: “On Leadership, 1 of 8”.
- How to Survey: “How to Survey” (16 April 2008, Katysblog), and “How to Survey, Part 2 – Best Practices” (1 May 2008, Katysblog).
- How to Talk with the Press: “How to Talk with the Press” (10 April 2008, Katysblog).
The ACM Author-Izer Service allows web visitors who click on the links below to obtain the definitive version of these two articles from the ACM Digital Library at no charge.
Keeping an electronic commerce shop
Software process framework at Sun